Tuesday, December 06, 2005

 

Sustainability at UBC

I read an article in the UBC newspaper (called "The Ubyssey"... get it, that's the joke), which discussed how the university is well ahead of its Kyoto protocol goals for reducing energy consumption. I think this is fantastic, considering the huge amounts of energy that university campuses use (I know my computer is on all day).

The university supplied funds to set up a sustainability office (hence the stickers about switching off lights under many light switches). It is obviously doing its job, paying for itself in terms of savings on electricity bills. University are huge consumers of energy, though we should know better, and it's inspiring to be somewhere that is being proactive.

Comments:
My blog is cool Scotty. Nice Photo. Canada is cold. It was snowing all last week in Vancouver.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?