Tuesday, January 10, 2006

 

The Tiger in Jasper!!

Jacqui and I have been road tripping through British Columbia and the Rockies for the past week, and I intend to post a full picture summary in the near future. However, some things can't wait.

Close to the halfway point of our trip, we stopped off in Jasper (~3hrs north of Banff) to have some lunch/dinner at the Jasper Pizza Place, the home of some very nice wood-fired pizzas. Having ordered pizza, a burger and some poutine - I didn't realize chips and gravy could be made better/more unhealthy - we sat down in a booth against the wall. Just as I took a sip of my root beer, a familiar sound immediately caught my attention...

daadadadadaadadadadaadadadadaadadaDAH DAHdahDAH DAHdahDAH DAHdahdaaaaaaah

and those famous words

"Risen up, back on the street.."

That's right, it was Eye of the Tiger, heralding my arrival and pumping me up for the next leg of our journey. It was all I could do not to jump up on the table and start boxing the light fixings!

Unfortunately for Jacqui, this meant that I managed to make a song which is only 4 mins 7 secs long last the next 2 hrs!

My first Eye of the Tiger in Canada not emanating from my Creative Zen.

Good times, good times...

Comments:
that's gold.
 
ahhh, no one knows hospitality like those canadians. what better music to dine to than eye?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?