Friday, March 31, 2006

 

Decaf...must find antidote

The concept of good, espresso coffee seems to have eluded north Americans. Here, Starbucks is considered good coffee, and they are everywhere. Luckily, there's a little cafe near where I live that makes good coffee (well, depending upon who serves you) but at UBC, it's Starbucks, or the blue chip cookie (they make AWESOME cookies, however they should ask if I'd like some coffee with my foam.).

In the physics department, they do have half decent, fresh filter coffee that is made everyday, and actual milk to add to it, as opposed to powdered "creamer" or "whitener" or whatever. Today, I accidentally poured myself a cup of decaf...

It smelled like coffee. It tasted like coffee (close enough). But where was the hit! I drank it and just felt let down, unfulfilled. It was like having a hangover without the big night beforehand; like biting into a meat pie and finding nothing; like Ballymore without rum - it was just wrong!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?