Tuesday, March 07, 2006

 

Snowboarding is Addictive



I think it's fair to say that I've become addicted to snowboarding. With three mountains within 30 mins of Downtown - Cypress, Grouse and Seymour - it's just too easy. It's also cool to cruise through the centre of downtown, snowboard under arm. 1 in 3 people will ask either where you're headed to, or how the conditions were. Imagine seeing people cruise through Queen street mall with surfboards.

The jury is still out for me on what is better - surfing or snowboarding. Surfing is probably still ahead, but I think once I start hitting the jumps, snowboarding may win out. It's sure nice not to have to paddle out, though that is half the fun of surfing.






I had five lessons in December/January up at Mt Seymour, and in the last two weeks I've hit my first Black Diamond run. It was the Unicorn, #13 on the trail map. There were some damn steep parts, but it was a long, fun run.

Next stop - the terrain park.

Comments:
awesome!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?